…dreams are illustrations…from the book your soul is writing about you. Marsha Norman
• Thin Places: An Evangelical Journey into Celtic Christianity
Tracy Balzer/Leafwood Publishers
…the dividing line between earth and heaven seemed thin.
• Sheila Hicks:50 Years
Joan Simon and Susan C. Faxon/Yale University Press…her photographs reveal consistencies in point of view, compositional strategies, and morifs with her weavings and sculpture
• Annie Leibovitz: Pilgrimage
Introduction by Doris Kearns Goodwin/Random House New York
…she was solitary the way Thoreau was solitary.
• Joseph Cornell: Master of Dreams
…convinced that the unconscious was the essential source of art and life, the Surrealists set out to explore the hidden recesses of the mind.
• Mapping: The Intelligence of Artistic Work
Anne West/Moth Press
…imagination is an essential instrument for knowing the self and the world. Calvino
• Your Mythic Journey: Finding Meaning in Your Life Through Writing and Storytelling
Sam Keen and Anne Valley-Fox/St. Martin's Press
…when we forget our stories, leave our heroes unsung, and ignore the rites that mark our passage from one stage of life into another, we feel nameless and empty.
• Nests: Fifty Nests and the Birds that Built Them
Sharon Beals/Chronicle Books
…as of the latest estimate, there are about ten thousand avian species, with new ones still being discovered.